Sunday, November 3, 2019

Creation Station November Hop--Girl Power!



Welcome to the November Creation Station Blog Hop!  Our theme this month is Girl Power and we are creating thank you notes with spunk, sass, funk and flash for you.  Not sure my thank you notes today fall under any of those categories, but they are the result of stepping a bit out of my comfort zone. Hmmmm, maybe that's Spunk!


Layering stamped images to create a background is something that I have been wanting to try, but was a little afraid to just go for it.  So, I summoned my girl power courage for this hop and went for it!  I finished my backgrounds and then found the perfect "Girl Power" sentiment to finish off my cards.


This was my first card with Whisper White card stock as my background base.   I started my layering with the Crackle Paint background stamp, stamping it on the Whisper White base in Smoky Slate ink.  Over the crackle paint image,  I stamped the grateful definition image from the Praiseworthy Prose stamp sets several times in  Rococo Rose.  Next I sponged on Rococo Rose ink, followed by Merry Merlot ink.  My third stamped image was the floral cluster image from Tasteful Textures.  I stamped it diagonally across the card with Merry Merlot, using both first and second generation stamping.   My white embossing paste layer was created using a mask I made with the coordinating Tasteful Backgrounds die.

The greeting is from the Tasteful Textures stamp set.  It was stamped in Basic Gray ink and die cut using a Stitched Nested Labels die.  I layered it over the white baker's twine.  I wrapped two strands of the twine around the card three times and tied it in a bow.  I layered the stamped piece on Merry Merlot card stock and then on a Whisper White Thick card base. 

After I did the card on Whisper White, I decided to make the same card using Crumb Cake card stock: 




I used the same steps to make this card, substituting Crumb Cake ink to stamp the Crackle Paint image and Soft Suede ink to stamp the greeting.  I tinted the white embossing paste with a few drops of Crumb Cake ink before applying it to the card.   Linen Thread was substituted for the baker's twine.

Here's a close up of the Crumb Cake card.  Do you see the layers?



Now it's time to head over to see what the other Sara on the design team has created using her own special kind of Girl Power:




Which card do you like the best:  Whisper White or Crumb Cake?  Let me know what you think in the comments.  Thanks for stopping by today!
--Sara Nell






1 comment:

  1. Fabulous layering, and colouring, Sara. I love the hint of stark white using the Embossing Paste, and my fav look with a Linen Thread bow. D x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely & Sweet Smile--#tgifc463

TGIF Challenges ha a great sketch challenge this week and as soon as I saw it, this card came into my head.  This usually never happens, I g...