Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Reindeer Tags--#tgifc235

The TGIF Challenges team changed the challenge up this week.  We have a project challenge:  Tags!  I love making tags--to use for gifts and also as bookmarks.  In fact, I'd just finished making a bunch of Snowman Season tags when I saw this challenge.  So, no more snowmen tags.  I pulled out by Detailed Deer dies (#147915) and had fun making a set of reindeer tags. I think I will make some more of these! 


I had a couple of two-inch strips of a Night of Navy design from the Feels Like Frost designer series paper (#150444) sitting on my desk, so I started with those.  I wanted to make a set of three tags for the challenge so I went through my stack of Feels Like Frost paper for the matching design.  I was sidetracked by the icy pussy willow design.  I said to myself or maybe out loud to Roxie, "Ooooh, Purple Posy!  I have to use this one."  That's why it looks like an odd set.  But. . .Purple Posy!

Here's how I fancied these up:

1.  Mounted the paper on Whisper White thick card stock to give the tags some heft and to have a nice white space on the back for a gift message.
2.  Punched the top with the Delightful Tag Topper Punch (#149518).
3.  Layered a Pearlized Doily (#146936) on each tag using Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.
4.  Die cut 3 two-leaf sets from the Frosted Frames dies (#150658): two in Seaside Spray and one in Purple Posy.  I coated these with Shimmery Crystal Effects (#150892) and then sprinkled on some Ice Stampin' Glitter (#150445). After they dried, they were layered on the doily using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
5.  Die cut 3 blossoms from the same die set out of Sparkle Glimmer Paper (#146957) and layered those on each tag using the Multipurpose Liquid glue.
6.  Stamped the greeting banner from Toile Christmas stamp set (#150469) three times:  two in Night of Navy ink on Seaside Spray and one in Highland Heather ink on Purple Posy.  These were heat embossed with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130) and then die cut with the coordinating die from the Christmas Cardinal dies (#150640). They were adhered to the tag with Stampin' Dimensionals.
7.  Die cut two reindeer out of Night of Navy card stock and one out of Highland Heather card stock.  Then coated them with the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (#141897). They were adhered with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.
8.  Added three Rhinestones (#144220) to each of the Night of Navy tags and three  Pearls (#144219) to the Purple Posy one.
9.  Tied  Seaside Spray 1/4" metallic ribbon (#150446) on the Night of Navy tags and Whisper White 5/8" Polka Dot tulle ribbon (#146912) on the Purple Posy tag.

I wish you could see all the fun shimmer on these tags!


 


If you need inspiration for your holiday tags, head over to the TGIF Challenges Blog and see all of the design team's  and challengers' entries.  They are fantastic!


Have a happy rest of your week!--Sara Nell

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...