The TGIF Challenges team has an inspiration challenge for us this week. Inspiration challenges are fun because you can take any element of the inspiration piece out and focus on that element for your project--or you can focus on two elements or three or the piece as a whole. I pulled out two pieces of the inspiration piece for my project today: the wood grain background and the circle motif:
My idea was to create a wreath hanging from the side of a doorway entrance into a house. I wanted to use this wood siding photographic paper from the In Good Taste designer series paper pack (#152494)--so I couldn't put my wreath on a door!!! I layered the paper on Gray Granite card stock with a Gray Granite card base--house colors! To soften the "siding" a bit, I lightly sponged Whisper White craft ink over the paper.
For my circle element, the wreath, I used a Gold Hoop Embellishment (#152474). I got these early in the new annual catalog year but have shied away from using them. I wasn't sure how to attach things to them. Turns out--it was easy. I used a thin stream of Multipurpose Liquid Glue along the back of the curved leaf element (from Forever Flourishes Dies (#152714), die cut in Garden Green), carefully layered it over the metal hoop and let it dry. Then I continued to layer the other pieces on using Multipurpose Liquid Glue for the gold balls [die cut out of Brushed Metallic card stock (#153524) using the Poinsettia Dies (#153522)]. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the two Real Red Poinsettias. They were die cut using the Poinsettia dies, then two were layered together and centered with Gold Glitter enamel dots (#152155). The wreath was attached to the card front using glue dots, adhered under the foliage. I looped a piece of Gray Granite shimmer ribbon (#152463) around the hoop to "hang" the wreath.
The greeting is from Poinsettia Petals stamp set (#153475). It was stamped in Early Espresso on to a 5/8" x 3" piece of Real Red card stock. I punched the fish tail ends using the Banners Pick a Punch (#153608). I used my bone folder to create a bit of a wave in the banner, then attached it with one dimensional on one end and two stacked dimensionals on the other end.
See how others were inspired by this piece over at the TGIF Challenges blog here.