Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Gather Together--#tgifc236

It's color challenge week at TGIF Challenges!  This week we have a color combination that evokes the Fall leaves for me. Who am I kidding? Any color combination evokes Fall leaves for me this time of year!!! But these really are Fall leaf colors:  Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral and Early Espresso. My challenge was doing something a bit different with my leaves.

The Praiseworthy Prose stamp set (#149454) was sitting on my desk and I saw "family".  My Thanksgiving card came together quickly after that, using that definition and the Gather Together stamp set (#150589) and coordinating Gathered Leaves dies (#150662):



I die cut the three large leaves out of Whisper White card stock, then stamped the family definition in Early Espresso randomly on the leaves.  I sponged Pear Pizzaz and Calypso Coral inks over the definitions, then stamped the leaf outline image on each leaf using Pear Pizzazz ink.  I die cut the small maple leafs out of Pear Pizzazz ink.  The greeting from Gather Together stamp set was stamped in Early Espresso on Pear Pizzazz, heat embossed with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130) and die cut using a Stitched Nested Label die (#149638).  

The leaves were arranged over a piece of Crumb Cake card stock that was embossed with the Brick & Mortar 3D embossing folder (#149643).  A layer of Early Espresso card stock was added to the piece before adhering it to a Crumb Cake card base.  Linen Thread (#104199) and Happiness Blooms enamel dots finish the card.


Check out the other projects created with this color challenge over at the TGIF Challenges Blog here:


Have a happy, crisp Fall day today!
--Sara Nell




1 comment:

  1. Awe, that's so sweet! I love how you incorporated the definition of family. So, so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely & Sweet Smile--#tgifc463

TGIF Challenges ha a great sketch challenge this week and as soon as I saw it, this card came into my head.  This usually never happens, I g...