Sunday, August 4, 2019

Creation Station August Blog Hop--Stampers Gone Wild!


Welcome to the August Creation Station Blog Hop!  I'm so glad you have joined us for this fun hop--Stampers Gone Wild!  You are going to get plenty of inspiration for using some of the many animal and nature stamp sets in Stampin' Up!'s Annual Catalog.  Be sure and click the "Next" button at the end of each post to hop around and see all the fun projects this month.

I will confess that I may have wandered a bit off topic.  But dinosaurs are wild, aren't they?  I pulled out the Dino Days stamp set, the coordinating Dino Dies and the Dinoroar designer series paper to create a two-page scrapbook layout.  I could not resist.  My daughter sent me some of the cutest photos of my grandson with his big new dinosaur. I had so much fun creating these pages--I hope you like them:


This is the full page.  I combined two paper patterns from the Dinoroar designer series paper on Old Olive 12" x 12" card stock.  The dinosaurs were die cut from another of the paper designs.  I love it when Stampin' Up! creates paper patterns that work with the dies in the same suite of products.  It makes it so much faster to make a cute page.  The Denim ribbon is also a part of this Dinoroar Suite.  


This is a close-up showing the title piece stamped using the Dino days stamp set.  It was die cut using an oval from the Stitched Shapes die set and then matted on a scalloped oval from the Layering Oval die set.  The mattes for the photos and the title piece are all  Mossy Meadow card stock.  Did you notice the dinosaur tracks on the title piece and on the Old Olive page background?  At first I stamped them all over the background, but the tracks seemed so busy with the paper patterns.  So I decided just to stamp a few.  They are too fun not to use, right?




Katharine sent me so many cute photos, that I decided to use a pocket page to show off as many of the cute Easton photos as I could.  (Unfortunately, it is hard to take photos of the pocket page and had to do it on an angle to avoid glare.)


I used the same paper, similar dinosaur die cuts and stamped dinosaur tracks as on the full page so it would be a cohesive double-page layout.  I used the pocket page with two horizontal 4 x 6 slots on the top and bottom and then the 4 smaller pockets across the middle.  I sized my photos the same except for the bottom right photo. That way I could slip two photos or a photo and decorative piece in the larger pockets.  The bottom right photo was the same height but narrower so I could add journaling to the page.




A close-up of my favorite photo on the page!  Easton is so stinkin' cute! 

Now it's time to head over to Martin's blog to see how wild he's gotten this month.  I know he'll have some great inspiration for all of us!






4 comments:

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...