Sunday, December 5, 2021

December Creation Station Blog Hop--Anything but a Card!

 


Good Morning, Stampers and Paper Crafters, or good whatever the time of day you've arrived at my blog!  This is the first Sunday of the month which means its time for the Creation Station design team monthly hop.  So glad you've joined us today!

Our theme this month is Anything But a Card, so you will see lots of different projects.  Enjoy all the inspiration we have for you today by clicking on the "Next" link at the close of each post until you've returned to where you started this hop.  Don't know what the other team members have in store for you today, but I am sharing some holiday decor pieces I'm sending out as Christmas gifts to family and friends. I have two different style banners and a little ornament for you:


For each of these I used the Peaceful Place specialty designer series paper (#156394) and the Silver Foil specialty pack (#156457).


For both of my banners, I made rosettes out of the designer series paper and letters from the Playful Alphabet dies (#152706).  For my Peace Banner, I die cut the letters and the large Tasteful Labels die (#152886) out of the darkest silver foil piece. The label in the center of the rosettes is from the Pretty Pillow Box dies (#156321) and was die cut out of the lightest silver foil. The banner pieces were strung on a piece of Black & White 1/4" gingham ribbon (#156485).


I used the Layering circle dies (#151770) and another label die from the Tasteful Labels dies on my Joy banner.  I picked out some of the shimmery paper designs  out of the designer series paper pack and the lightest Silver foil for this banner.  The letters were die cut using Black glitter paper (#153518).  Both the foil for the letters on the Peace Banner and the glitter paper on this banner were mounted on Adhesive Sheets (#152334) before they were die cut.  I adhered the Black Glittered Organdy (#147897) to the back of the foil scalloped circles with glue dots to keep it in place as I placed Smoky Slate card stock circles over the backs of the foil circles using a hot glue gun.


I used the medium range foil for this ornament, eliminated the rosette and added a Wonderful Snowflake (#156340) using the iridescent side.  The Merry Christmas words were die cut using the Word Wishes dies (#149629), once out of the foil and three times out of Basic Black card stock to stack behind the foil and raise the words off the snowflake background.  Both the White Glittered Organdy ribbon tied in a bow at the top of the ornament and the Opal Rounds (#154289) added to the front also have an iridescent look.  A bit of silver Simply Elegant Trim (#155766)  was threaded into the back of the ribbon to create a hanger for the ornament. 

Hope I've given you a bit of inspiration for your own Christmas decor or for last minute gifts!

Now, I have the pleasure of introducing our newest design team member,  Barb Pfeffer at justBstamping.  I love her creations, am so happy she has joined us and am excited to see what she is going to share with us today.  Just click on her link below to hop over to her blog:

Have a Wonderful and Blessed Christmas season.
--Sara Nell

  




 

 

3 comments:

  1. I love all the shine on your banners, that glimmer is the best part of Christmas for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mix and match of the various label dies! They provide such wonderful visual interest for your banners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look beautiful and festive Sara! Your banners will be an eyecatcher this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...