Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Your Special Day--#tgifc223

The air conditioner for our house was out for 4 days.  Even though we've finally had a nice cool day,  I think my brain is still in melty mode.  I woke up this morning with a great idea for this week's TGIF Challenge.  Then I started looking closely at it and said to myself, "Self, this is a very bad idea."  So I moved on to trying out different background ideas.   Nope.  I then decided simple was the way to go.  

So here, at last, is my card for this week's color challenge:  Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape and Melon Mambo.


I changed things up again as I worked on this idea.  (Like I said, I must still be in melty brain mode.)  Didn't like a white speckled background, my stamped Coastal Cabana background looked too busy, my Coastal Cabana card stock background looked too plain.  The only idea I didn't change was the top layer die cut with the largest Rectangle Stitched die to go with the stitching detail on the Stitched Label die cut.  But the Coastal Cabana Layers needed texture, so I embossed them with the Subtle 3D embossing folder.  It is amazing what that embossing folder does--it is my go to embossing folder these days!  A simple texture was all my background needed.

I stamped my sentiment from Stitched All Around stamp set in Gorgeous Grape.  When I laid it on my card, I knew it needed a little oomph.  So I tried a little trick I learned from Elizabeth Price:  I stamped the sentiment with Gorgeous Grape and then VersaMark (love my Stamparatus) and heat embossed it with a mix of Clear Stampin' Emboss Power and Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  What a cool effect!  I added Wink of Stella glitter to the center of my Melon Mambo heart (another die in the Stitched Labels die set) for another touch of sparkle. 

For a last touch of pizzazz, I tied on a bow of Whisper White polka dot tulle ribbon.  


I really wish you could see the glitter on this card.  So nice! 

There are some really, really nice cards with this color combo over at the TGIF Challenges Blog.  Be sure and check them out!



So happy you stopped by today!--Sara Nell 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...