Thursday, August 20, 2020

Hello with Blooms & Just Jade--#tgifc277

Back in April or May when I first saw the five new 2020-2022 In Colors, I would not have thought that Just Jade would be the one I would use the most.  But,  here I am with another Just Jade centric card!!!  Today's card is my entry in this week's sketch challenge from TGIF Challenges.  The sketch includes a watercolor background and a horizontal band.   My card is a pretty straightforward interpretation of the sketch:



My watercolor background started with a wash of Mint Macaron on Fluid 100 watercolor paper (#149612). I added streaks of Just Jade with the edge of my wide water painter (#151298) for a bit of depth to the wash.  Once the wash was dry, I stamped the small blooms cluster image from Bloom & Grow stamp set (#149229) randomly over the wash using Mint Macaron ink.

The focal bloom image was stamped in Just Jade ink on to Whisper White card stock. It was colored with So Saffron, Mango Melody, Magenta Madness, and Misty Moonlight Stampin' Blends Combos, then die cut with a die from the Budding Blooms dies (#149548).  This was arranged over a piece of Just Jade card stock with a scallop edge created with another die in the same die set, wrapped with a piece of Polka Dot Tulle (#146912).

The greeting is also from the Bloom & Grow stamp set.  The card is finished with a layer of Just Jade on Whisper White thick card stock and three Pearl Basic Jewels (#144219).

Want some ideas for wonderful watercolor backgrounds?  Check out the TGIF Challenges Blog here.


Have a great weekend!
--Sara Nell


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...