Thursday, August 13, 2020

Be Joyful!--#tgifc276

The TGIF Challenges color combo challenge this week is Magenta Madness, Bermuda Bay and Gorgeous Grape.  Happy, fun, joyful colors and just the combo to help me get out of a slump. 

Joyful colors called a joyful background technique--Bubbles!  This technique made a big mess and my old white tee now sports a colorful pattern! It was my first try at this technique.   It didn't turn out like I thought it would--but I don't care--it was fun and messy and all the things I needed!  A reminder to be joyful!

 

To create the background, I filled three shallow dishes with water, a drop of dishwashing soap and several drops of one of the challenge color refill inks.  After covering my kitchen counter with a towel, a piece of cardboard and several pieces of watercolor paper, I started blowing bubbles into one of the dishes using a straw.  Once I had a big load of bubbles, I transferred them from the dish to the watercolor paper.  I repeated this with each of the colors and added more bubbles of each color as needed.  I expected more white areas on the paper when it was dried, but am happy with the subtle circles and colors.


It took me a while to figure out how to use the background paper once it was dry!  I played around with different texture stamps and colors.  On this card I used the grid pattern from Comfort & Hope stamp set (#152509) and the rustic squares pattern from Textured Essentials stamp set(#152612).  The images were stamped in Magenta Madness and Bermuda Bay and then embossed with clear embossing powder.  Bermuda Bay splatters were added with a Water Painter (#151298).

The letters were die cut out of Gorgeous Grape card stock adhered to a piece of Foam Adhesive Sheet (#152815) using the Playful Alphabet dies (#152706). A bow of Magenta Madness 1/4" ribbon (#153623)enamel dots (#152480), a layer of Gorgeous Grape card stock and a Magenta Madness card base complete the card. 

Be sure and check out all of the fun projects using the color combo over at the TGIF Challenges blog here.


I'm thinking I may just keep this card on my desk as a reminder to look for joy!
Hope you have a great weekend!
--Sara Nell
Jeremiah 15:16
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...