Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Leaf Cluster--#tgifc232

It's October and leaves are falling.  Which means I spend time while walking Roxie collecting the pretty, colorful leaves that catch my eye.  I place them in my seagrass basket in the entrance hall for part of my Fall decor.  When they shrivel up and turn brown, I toss them and collect more. I love this season!  

But what does this have to do with my post? The TGIF Challenges color challenge this week is Pretty Peacock, Grapefruit Grove and Crumb Cake.  When I saw the colors I got excited because I had a leaf in my basket with those colors--one of my prettier ones:


Okay, not exactly those colors when I looked at it.  But it shared the brightness of the colors in the challenge and inspired my card for today. 



I learned several years ago that the best way to recreate the leaves I find is to use the baby wipe technique (and, yes, every Fall I stamp loads of leaves!).  The baby wipe technique of creating your own multicolored ink pad on a baby wipe creates a mottled effect on the leaves and no two are the same.  For this card I created a baby wipe pad with drops of Grapefruit Grove ink and fewer drops of Pretty Peacock ink.   I used my "ink pad" with the solid leaf image in the Colorful Seasons stamp set.  I used the veined leaf image from the same stamp set to stamp the leaf outline in Crumb Cake on each of the leaves. I die cut these leaves and the Crumb Cake openwork leaves with two dies in the Seasonal Layers die set. I coated the Crumb Cake leaves and the bottom of the greeting layers with Shimmery Crystal Effects.  The greeting is from the Country Home stamp set and was stamped in Pretty Peacock.

I have layers of Crumb Cake and Grapefruit Grove card stock and a Pretty Peacock pattern from the Woven Threads designer series paper pack.

Check out other projects made with this color combo on the TGIF Challenges Blog here.


Thanks for stopping by today!
--Sara Nell 






1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Sara, your card is so beautiful!!! Those leaves are absolutely gorgeous! Love the shimmer too. ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...