Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Leaves in Silver and Blues???--#tgifc233

This week's TGIF Challenges sketch challenge has a striped background.  I started my entry by going through all of my designer series paper to see what striped paper I had.  Turns out that I had several options.  I was, however, mostly drawn to the silver stripe in the Feels Like Frost specialty designer series paper pack (a "B" side to the beautiful photo-realistic papers).  I thought snowflakes and silver and blues!  Then I thought leaves--can you do leaves in silver and blues?  Why not!!!


The reason I changed to leaves was to show off these die cut and embossed leaves from the Gathered Leaves die set.  I love how they look when you sponge the dies with the Silver Delicata ink before placing them on the card stock and running them through the die cutting machine.  You get a metallic body with veins in the color of the underlying card stock--in this case Seaside Spray and Night of Navy. 

I stamped the larger leaf from the Gather Together stamp set in the Silver Delicata ink and then die cut it as a base for my greeting, also from the Gather together stamp set.  I stamped it in VersaMark and heat embossed it with Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder.  The greeting was die cut with a Stitched Shapes oval die.  I added a few Night of Navy rhinestones from the Holiday Rhinestones Basic Jewels pack and some Basic Rhinestones. 

Do you love this sketch?  See more sketch inspired cards at the TGIF Challenges Blog here.


Thanks for stopping by today!  Let me know what your think of these non-traditional leaf colors in the comments below.
--Sara Nell 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely & Sweet Smile--#tgifc463

TGIF Challenges ha a great sketch challenge this week and as soon as I saw it, this card came into my head.  This usually never happens, I g...