Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Rooted in Nature--#tgifc229

Wow, what a busy time for me; however, I'm never too busy to participate in the weekly TGIF Challenges!  This week we have a sketch challenge.  For it, I chose to do a clean and simple card design using the Rooted in Nature stamp set:



The paper on this card is from the Come to Gather designer series paper pack, new in the Holiday Catalog.  For the tree and the branch I used a dotted linen pattern.  I glued the paper on a piece of Whisper White card stock and then die cut the tree and branch using the Nature's Roots die set.  The background is a gingham pattern in Pretty Peacock.  To give it a bit of texture I used my Stampin' Score to score lines every 1/2"  both vertically and horizontally.  I wrapped a piece of Blackberry Bliss twine from the Nature's Twine pack around the card three times and tied it in a bow on the left-hand side of the card.  The Rhinestone Basic Jewels were colored with the Blackberry Bliss Dark Stampin' Blend marker and added to the front of the card.



This was a really fun sketch to use!  Head over to the TGIF Challenges Blog to see more interpretations of it.


Thanks for stopping by!  I'd love to hear what you think, so please comment.
--Sara Nell




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...