Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Perennial Essence Thinking of You--#tgifc230

This week's TGIF Challenges is a product spotlight: Mosaic Mood or Perennial Essence designer series paper.  I have neither of these papers and thought I was going to miss this challenge.  However, my downline Lea came to my rescue with her pack of the beautiful impressionistic paper, Perennial Essence.  She left her pack of paper with me and said, "Use what you want."  Thank you, Lea!

I picked out two different patterns that "spoke" to me and let Herb pick because I couldn't decide.  He said,"This one looks more like Monet--use it."    Needless to say, I had great  help for this challenge!!!




I ended up making two cards because I ended up with this perfect little square that was begging to be on a card.   The little 3-1/2" square note card is perfect for a thank you or birthday gift enclosure card. 

The note card has a few of the same elements as my main card:  a greeting from the Very Versailles stamp set stamped in Blackberry Bliss on Petal Pink card stock, embossed with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, and fussy cut;  two layers of Blackberry Bliss card stock and a few Basic Pearls colored with the Blackberry Bliss Light Stampin' Blend marker.



For this card, I decided to fussy cut a piece of the floral paper and sponge the edges with Petal Pink ink.  I layered this over a piece of Blackberry Bliss card stock that I embossed with the Scripty 3D embossing folder.  I wiped my Blackberry Bliss ink pad across the inside of the folder before running it through my die-cutting machine.  It created a shadow-like effect on the background.

These are really clean and simple cards.  I wanted this beautiful designer series paper to be the star.

To see how the TGIF design team and other challengers have made these two different designer series papers the star of their projects head over to the TGIF Challenges Blog here.


Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!
--Sara Nell

  







2 comments:

  1. Sara, I love how you made the designer series paper the focal point of your beautiful cards!!! I'm so glad your friend pitched in to help you complete this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I am SOOOO glad you were able to participate! I was honestly worried!!! Beautiful cards, Sara

    ReplyDelete

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...