Monday, September 9, 2019

Dashing Deer in a New Color Combo--#tgifc228

It's time for another TGIF Challenges color challenge. This week it is Basic Black, Merry Merlot and Very Vanilla.  I don't think I have ever created a card with a black and red color combo.  My daughter banned that color combo in our household soon after she went off to college at Georgia Tech (THWG!).

As I thought about my card, the dashing deer in the Detailed Deer dies came to mind.  In black it is a silhouette and I love silhouettes:



I chose a simple card with the deer silhouette as the focal point.  I used the open flower dies in the Detailed Deer die set to make 5 Merry Merlot flowers.  I arranged these on the Very Vanilla background and then embossed the piece with the Subtle 3D embossing folder (it makes the flowers look like they were painted on.).  Next, I added the dashing deer silhouette and the greeting from Dashing Deer stamp set heat embossed in black  on Merry Merlot card stock.  Finally, I added Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the center of the flowers.  

The card layers:  Very Vanilla Thick 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" card base folded in half; Basic Black  5-1/4" x 4"; Merry Merlot 5-1/8" x 3-7/8"; Very Vanilla 4-7/8' x 3-5/8".



Check out the TGIF Challenges blog for more projects using this color combo (unless you are a Georgia Tech fan--you might not like seeing all that red and black in one place).



For Katharine's enjoyment, I think I will do another dashing deer card in gold, white and navy and post it later in the week.  We'll see which one you like best!

Thanks for stopping by!--Sara Nell


2 comments:

  1. The color combo is unfortunate but at least it’s not real red and it’s a pretty card. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to focus on a silhouette!!! Just perfect for this combo. I love the clean, simple lines of your card as well. Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges, once again, this week.

    ReplyDelete

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...