Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Embossed Leaves--#tgifc227

The TGIF Challenge this week is a product spotlight:  embossing powders.  I embossed leaves in the last challenge and I am embossing leaves in this one!  This time I used the leaves in the new Gather Together stamp set and the coordinating Gathered Leaves dies:



On this card, I used the Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder three different ways on my leaves:  1.)  I stamped the large leaf image from the stamp set in VersaMark, heat embossed it and die cut it. 2.)  The Mint Macaron leaf was die cut, the edges were dragged through the VersaMark ink pad and then heat embossed.  3.  The Pretty Peacock leaf was die cut with another leaf die in the die set, partially pressed into the VersaMark ink pad and then heat embossed.  For good measure, I embossed the greeting in copper on a Pretty Peacock banner created with the Banner Triple punch.

The background layer is from the Come to Gather designer series paper pack.  I embossed it with the Brick & Mortar 3D embossing folder to give it a bit of dimension.  It is hard to see in the photo, but looks nice in person!

I arranged my leaves over a Vellum card stock circle to give a break from the colorful plaid background paper.  My ribbon is a combination of Copper Trim and the Pretty Peacock trim I tore off a piece of Pretty Peacock scalloped linen ribbon. 




The final touch was three Cajun Craze rhinestones from the Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels pack.  You need this rhinestone pack--five different colors that coordinate with designer series paper packs in the Holiday Catalog! 

Want some inspiration for using embossing powders?  Head over to the TGIF Challenges Blog here.


Glad you stopped by today!--Sara Nell


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...