Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Leaves Make Me Smile--#tgifc226

If you've been checking out my blog for any length of time, you already know that leaves make me smile.  I love when the weather cools and the leaves start falling.  I celebrate this with my stamping.  It is not yet officially Fall, but this week's TGIF technique challenge had me bringing out the leaf images in the Colorful Seasons stamp set.

This week's challenge is Splatter!  Immediately I thought of the color-splattered leaves that are already showing up in my yard (I'm kind of worried about my neighbors' maple tree, actually).  I started my splattering with Pigment Sprinkles, then added more splatters with my Aqua Painter and Early Espresso ink:


I used Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green and Daffodil Delight Pigment Sprinkles.  I sprinkled them on a piece of the new Fluid 100 Watercolor paper that had been brushed with water.  Then I spritzed the paper with water and used my Heat Tool to move around the pigment as it dried. I added more water and more sprinkles to get the look I wanted.  As I was in the final drying stage, I added a few more sprinkles and spritzed the paper lightly to keep the small splatter look on the paper. 

When the paper piece was completely dry, I used my bone folder to even out the warping in the paper (yea, I used a lot of water!).  Then I stamped the leaf image randomly over the paper with VersaMark and heat embossed it with Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder.  After the leaves were finished, I add the Early Espresso splatters with my Aqua Painter.

To complete my card, I added a copper-embossed greeting from the Colorful Seasons stamp set.  I stamped the greeting on a leftover piece of the watercolor paper and then die cut it using an oval in the Stitched Shapes die set. I mounted the greeting piece on an Early Espresso scalloped oval from the Layering Ovals die set.  The splattered piece is layered on Early Espresso card stock with a piece of Copper Trim wrapped around it and tied in a bow.  The card base is Granny Apple Green card stock.

Go find some inspiration for adding splatters to your cards over at the TGIF Challenges Blog here.



Thanks for stopping by today!  Please let me know what you think in the comments below!
--Sara Nell 

  



1 comment:

  1. Wow, your background is beautiful!!!
    Love the colors and love the splatter! Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...