Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Path of Petals Wishes--#tgifc225

We have a fun technique challenge this week from TGIF Challenges:  All on Black.  I don't use a lot of Basic Black card stock, so this challenge took a little thought.  I thought I would be embossing something in silver on black, but then I remembered the 2018-2020 Stampin' Emboss Powders.   I just checked and these are no longer in the catalog.  What!?!  I've already made my card and I think it is pretty, so I am posting it.  I still love these wonderful, brightly colored embossing powders.  Just note that they are no longer available; however, this card would be pretty in any of our metallics.  If I'd checked my catalog before I did the card, I think I would have used gold, copper and silver instead of the Call Me Clover, Pineapple Punch and Blueberry Bushel Stampin' Emboss Powders.

Don't you love these bright colors against the silver and black!  I used the Path of Petals stamp set for my images.  The greeting is embossed in silver to coordinate with the Silver Foil layer and the silver glitter in the black glittered organdy ribbon.  The bouquet is made with three different stamps, so it was easy to stamp, then emboss, then stamp the next image and emboss, etc., to get the three colors.  I used the leafy image to emboss the frame in black.  My layers and frame were made with the Rectangle Stitched Dies.   I added Silver Metallic Pearls to finish the card.

The TGIF Challenges design team projects for this challenge are really, really nice.  You can check them out together with some great entries at the TGIF Challenges Blog here. 


Thanks for stopping by today!--Sara Nell 

1 comment:

  1. Love the beautiful frame that you added to this card! Thanks for playing along with this week's TGIF Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely & Sweet Smile--#tgifc463

TGIF Challenges ha a great sketch challenge this week and as soon as I saw it, this card came into my head.  This usually never happens, I g...