Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Very Versailles With Distressing--#tgifc217

Over the last few months, I have come to understand where the expression about hounding someone originated.  Someone with dogs couldn't get away from them for a little peace and quiet.  My two pups are hounding me.  They are right on my heels.  I take a step back and I've stepped on a paw or two. I sit and stamp or type on my blog and I get a cold nose to my elbow (like just now!) or step on the smallest one who has decided she must lay by my feet under the chair.   Maybe this is why I felt in the mood to try some distressing on my card today--I needed de-stressing from all this too close doggy contact today!

It's TGIF Challenges time for me.  This week the challenge is ribbon ruffles.  I pulled out  my Pretty Peacock  scalloped linen ribbon, Very Versailles stamp set, and my Woven Threads designer series paper to create my card.



I picked out the Sahara Sand distressed paper pattern from the designer series paper and stamped on it with the word image in Sahara Sand and the leaf image in Pretty Peacock stamp off once.  Then I distressed the paper.  I first distressed the edges with the edge of my scissors, then spritzed the back side with a bit of water and crumpled it up.  I used Sahara Sand ink and a piece of Stamping sponge to ink the edges and along the crease lines created when I crumpled the paper.  I also distressed the edges of the Pretty Peacock layer and the greeting flags.  The layer under the greeting is a Terracotta Tile design from the designer series paper.  I put a piece of Tear & Tape adhesive down where I wanted my ribbon and and then laid the ribbon on it in a rufflely fashion.


There are some really fun and beautiful projects with ribbon and paper ruffles over on the TGIF Challenges blog here.  Be sure and check them out for plenty of inspiration.


It's been a while since I've done any distressing, but I see more in my near future.  I'm loving the vintage feel of several of the new stamp sets in the catalog and distressing gives things a bit of a vintage look.

Thanks for stopping by today!--Sara Nell





   



  

2 comments:

  1. I love that distressed layer! It's perfect to go with the vintage look of the whole card. Super pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new blog and this pretty card! I think the Peacock Blue is my favorite new color.

    ReplyDelete

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...