Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Pressed Petals Best Wishes--#tgifc216

The Pressed Petals Suite in the new Annual Catalog is one of my favorites.  I've always loved the vintage look of pressed flowers, and this suite carries that vintage look throughout each of the products in the suite.  I decided it was the perfect suite of products to pull out for this week's TGIF Challenges sketch challenge.





I started with a Crumb Cake card base and added a layer of Rococo Rose card stock that I embossed with the Scripty 3D embossing folder.  I added a strip of one of the wood grain patterns in the Pressed Petals specialty designer series paper pack. I sponged around the card base and the wood grain strip with Soft Suede ink and around the Rococo Rose layer with Rococo Rose ink.  I added a piece of the Rococo Rose gathered ribbon down the center of the wood grain strip. 

Next I added a floral piece which I fussy cut from another pattern in the Pressed Petals paper pack.  I sponged around the edges of this piece with Mossy Meadow ink.  Sponging the edges of fussy cut paper like this not only gives the piece a bit of dimension, but it also hides small errors in your fussy cutting.

I stamped the greeting from the Path of Petals stamp set, die cut it out with the smallest oval die in the Petal Labels dies, and then adhered it to the center of a frame die cut with another die from this set.  I sponged the edge of the petals on the frame with Soft Suede ink and then sponged the petals with Champagne Mist shimmer paint.  I wanted to recreate the shimmer from the gold metallic center of the ribbon.

There are some beautiful projects using this sketch over at the TGIF Challenges Blog here.



Thanks for stopping by!--Sara Nell

   

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is GORGEOUS!!! Those fussy cut flowers and the label, and the shimmer paint. So many great details. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...