Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Prayers & Heartfelt Sympathy--#tgifc218

The TGIF Challenge this week is to create a sympathy card--not my favorite type card to make, but the type I need to have on hand.  The new Woven Threads suite, including the Woven Heirlooms stamp set, makes this task easier:



To start my card, I used the long texture image in the Woven Heirlooms stamp set to stamp the greeting background in Sahara Sand ink.  I stamped off the ink once each time I stamped the image down a piece of Whisper White card stock.  Next I added a few splatters with my Aqua Painter using Terracotta Tile and Sahara Sand inks.  I stamped the greeting several times in Seaside Spray using my Stamparatus so I could intensify the color over the Sahara Sand background.  Then I added a few Woven Threads sequins.

The Terracotta Tile frame was created with the Heirloom Frames Dies & 3D Embossing Folders set.  I attached the frame to the greeting piece with glue dots. I die cut the greeting piece with the largest oval from the Layering Ovals dies to fit under the frame. 

For my background, I used a pretty pattern in Seaside Spray with a bit of Terracotta Tile from the Woven Threads designer series paper pack.  This was adhered to the Whisper White thick card base with Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.  I finished the card with a bit of Linen Thread.

You'll find lots of inspiration for your own handmade sympathy cards over at the TGIF Challenges Blog here.



Thanks for stopping by today!  I'd love to hear your comments.--Sara Nell


1 comment:

  1. What a elegant card Sara! I love how you stamped the subtle texture and added splatters to the background.

    ReplyDelete

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...