Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Hello, Friend--#tgifc215

The TGIF color challenge for this week is Night of Navy, Granny Apple Green, and Pool Party.  I've always liked blues and greens together, so this was a fun challenge.  I decided to combine the colors for a watercolor background invoking a pond-side scene:



For my background, I inked up Clear Block E with stripes of the challenge colors, spritzed it with water and then stamped it on Watercolor Paper.  I held the block in place for a few minutes  so the paper could absorb the ink and water.  You never know what you are going to get when you do this! 

To finish my little pond scene, I added a Granny Apple Green clump of plants and a Night of Navy butterfly die cut from the Well Written dies.  The "friend" in script is also from this die set.  I adhered 3 die cut words together for my card.  The "hello" is from the coordinating stamp set Well Said.  I added a Vellum card stock oval behind the scene to help it stand out a bit.  A fold of Granny Apple Green 1/2" textured weave ribbon at the top of the focal piece completes the card.

Head over to the TGIF Challenges Blog to see some fantastic projects using this fun color combo:



Thanks for stopping by!--Sara Nell
  

1 comment:

  1. Sara, that's absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm in love! You're background turned out amazing!!! ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...