Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Free as a Bird Note Card Set--#tgifc214

The TGIF Challenges design team has been throwing some great challenges out to us the last few weeks.  This week we are challenged to create a card set. I decided I wanted to do something really simple:  a single image on a card front, a different image on each of 4 cards:




These images are all from the Free as a Bird stamp set.  I stamped them in Jet Black StazOn and colored them with watercolor pencils and an Aqua painter.  I used Old Olive, Calypso Coral, Early Espresso and Cajun Craze.  I added and shadow around each image with the Bermuda Bay pencil.  The images were stamped on 4-7/8" x 3-3/8" pieces of Shimmery White card stock and then layered on Whisper White Note cards.

What is a card set without a case? 



I created this one out of Calypso Coral card stock that I randomly stamped with the blossom image.  Then I used the now retired, but much loved, Envelope Punch Board to create my little envelope-shaped box.   I used the measurements for a 3-1/2" x 5" card, but added a second score line 1/2" outside the regular score line on all four sides.  The added score line created enough width to hold all four cards and the envelopes inside the box.  I added a tag with the bird image colored  as it was on the card and tied it on with Whisper White Polka Dot tulle ribbon.  The greeting on the tag was stamped in Early Espresso ink.  

Be inspired by wonderful card sets created for this challenge over at the TGIF Challenges Blog here.



Thanks for stopping by today!--Sara Nell



1 comment:

  1. I love the pure beauty of your simple stamping cards!!! What a great idea, and it's so cool that you took the challenge a step further to create a case!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...