Monday, May 27, 2019

Come Sail Away Sneak Peek

Of course, Come Sail Away is my favorite new suite of products in the new annual catalog (going live to customers on June 4).  I met my husband on a sailboat some 45 years ago. It is a wonderful suite of all things sailing and nautical:  Sailing Home cling mount stamp set, Smooth Sailing dies, High Seas embossing folder (can't wait to get my hands on it as it was not in the pre-order), beautiful Come Sail Away designer series paper and Memories & More card pack, Night of Navy and Sahara Sand baker's twine, and Sail Away trinkets. You'll see lots of projects using this suite in the future.  For today, I have a card I created for my team shoebox swap and for an upcoming college graduation:



For the background I used the Soft Suede and Night of Navy square knots pattern from the Come Sail Away designer series paper pack. The banner flags were made with Vellum and Night of Navy card stock, using the Banner Triple punch.  I embossed the Night of Navy one with the Subtle embossing folder.  The baker's wine was wrapped around the Night of Navy flag and then tied in a square knot. 

The sailboat was stamped in Night of Navy ink and then die cut using the Smooth Sailing dies.  Stampin' Up! is introducing new dies in the new annual catalog.  They die cut closer to the stamped images so there is not as much white space showing.  I am in love with this new style die.

The other two images were stamped and punched out with the 1-1/2" circle punch and the Everyday Label punch.  The greeting image was too short for the Everyday Label Punch, so I punched it out with the image close to one side, then reinserted the piece into the punch, adjusted it and punched it again to shorten the size of the finished piece to fitting the greeting image better.  I stamped the greeting on a 1-7/16" strip of card stocK.  See below: 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...