Friday, May 24, 2019

Bird Ballad Suite--Sneak Peek

After over 16 years as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I can't really say I have a favorite Annual Catalog.  However, the new 2019-2020 Annual Catalog "Creativity is Calling" ranks at the top of my list.  I love lots of things about this new catalog, but the stamp sets and suites of products are outstanding.  It is hard to pick and choose what I will purchase--there are so many that I absolutely love.  

The retiring stamp set Best Birds is one of my most used and loved sets. When I saw the new Bird Ballad suite, I knew it would be a more than worthy replacement.  I love the stamp set, the wonderful nested labels dies, the designer series paper and all of the accessories.   Included in the suite is a beautiful tin in Petal Pink with a gold leaf design filled with 12 laser cut cards and envelopes.  I used one of the cards for my project today.  I created this card for my team shoebox swap:




The laser cut design on the front of the card shows the inside of the card, so the written note inside the card distracts from the outside design.  I solved this issue by layering a piece of the Bird Ballad designer series paper to the backside of the laser design.  I used a less busy pattern from the paper pack to highlight the laser cut design--but it has a pretty side on the back and that decorates the inside of the card:


TIP:  I cut my piece of designer series paper for this card just a bit too small at 4" x 5-1/4".  I recommend that you cut it at 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" so you have enough room to apply Multipurpose Liquid adhesive to adhere the paper to the card without a glue showing on the edges. I also recommend that you just do small dots of the glue around the edge of the paper, so it does not ooze out of the sides and under the laser design. 

For the front of my card, I added a greeting from the Free as A Bird stamp set.  It is die cut with one of the Stitched Label dies in the suite.  I stamped three of the leaf image from the stamp set, colored them with an Old Olive Light Stampin' Blend, fussy cut them and then arranged them on the back of my greeting piece.  I adhered the greeting piece to the front of the card with Stampin' dimensionals, then add a Linen Thread bow and one of the flowers from the Bird Ballad Trinkets.     

Make sure you check out the new Bird Ballad suite when you get your copy of "Creativity is Calling".  You are going to love it!

Thanks for stopping by today!--Sara Nell
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...