Wednesday, May 22, 2019

A Floral Wreath--#tgifc212

Hi!  Welcome to the first post on my new blog!  I've been putting off creating my own blog for a long time. Thankfully,  Stampin' Up! forced my hand by eliminating the blog feature on my Demonstrator Business Web Site.  I'll be adding some more blog elements later, but today I have to get my TGIF Challenges entry up.

The TGIF Challenges design team gave us a fun challenge this week:  paper flowers.  I pulled out my Bitty Blooms punch pack and had fun creating a 4-1/4" square note card with a floral wreath:




I started my note card with a 4-1/4' X 8-1/2" piece of Whisper White thick card stock, scored and folded in half to form my card base. Next, I ran a 4" square piece of card stock through the Big Shot with the Subtle embossing folder.

To create my wreath, I traced a circle lightly on my piece with a Layering Circle framelits die.  I punched out a bunch of flowers and leaf shapes using Poppy Parade, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Granny Apple Green card stock. I used the tip of the the Paper Piercer handle and the palm of my had to give the flower blossoms a bit of dimension, then arranged them around the circle using Mini Glue Dots.  I added the leaves in pairs using a touch of Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.

To complete the card, I added a greeting banner using an image from the Needle & Thread stamp set, a bow of Old Olive linen thread, and some Basic Pearls for the centers of the Poppy Parade blossoms.

You'll see lots of paper flowers over at the TGIF Challenges Blog here.  



Thanks for stopping by!--Sara Nell

2 comments:

  1. Love the wreath you created, especially the 3-D flowers!!! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card!!! Such an adorable idea. I'm happy that this should make it easier for you with all the linky issues!!! I love having you play along.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely & Sweet Smile--#tgifc463

TGIF Challenges ha a great sketch challenge this week and as soon as I saw it, this card came into my head.  This usually never happens, I g...