Wednesday, October 25, 2023

You're a Great Friend--#tgifc443

 The TGIF Challenges team has a great inspiration challenge this week.  There are a lot of ways to go with this one.  The inspiration photo is kind of magical with a silvery mottled background and a few magical looking bits with an owl on top of one--a bit of Harry Potter for Halloween.  So what did I do with this?  Something unexpected!  The first thing I was drawn to in the photo was the mottled background-so that is what I used for my inspiration.  The collection of items on the page made me think of a collage.  I wasn't feeling the color palette on the card today, so I made my mottled background and collage piece with a Fall theme using Granny Apple Green, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight, falling leaves, and bare trees:


My first step was to stamp and emboss the typed image from the Gorgeously Made stamp set (#161193) using VersaMark ink and Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder on Watercolor paper.  I repeated this image up the front of the paper and then stamped and embossed the bare branch from the Earthen Textures stamp set (#161504) randomly over the page.  Next, I placed dots of each of the three ink colors one at a time on a clear block, spritzed them with water, then picked the ink up off the clear block and on to the embossed images using a piece of Window sheet.  Once the watercolor piece was dry, I dry embossed the paper using the Leaf Fall 3D embossing folder (#159847).  The greeting was stamped in Granny Apple Green on Basic White and die cut.  The greeting and die are from the Gorgeously Made stamp set and coordinating dies (#161202). The tree branch was stamped in VersaMark and embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder then die cut using the Earthen Textures dies (#161513).  


The finished piece was layered on Granny Apple Green card stock and a Basic White thick card base.  Here is the inspiration piece:


How did I get my card out of that picture?  My inspiration came from the background with a barely visible hint of walls that inspired me to use a collage and watercoloring technique that I haven't used in a few years.  Hope you like it!

Have a spooky Halloween!
--Sara Nell  



  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...