Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Boo to You in Glow in the Dark--#tgifc442

Life has a way of taking unexpected turns, but I am back again to enter another TGIF Challenges sketch challenge.  I had fun with this one.  I have been wanting to try my hand with the Glow-in-the-Dark specialty paper (#162221) from the Them Bones Suite Collection in the current mini catalog. So, I created this card using this week's sketch challenge:


The skeletons of the person, dog and cat were stamped on the glow-in-the-dark paper with VersaMark ink and then embossed with white embossing powder.  The stamped images and die cuts were made using the Bag of Bones stamp set and dies bundle (#162219).  The designer series paper is from the Them Bones designer series paper pack (#162215).  This photo was taken in full light as was the close-up below:

The next two photos were taken in the evening after the card was covered and with just a soft evening light from my ring light.  I think you can see a bit of the glow-in-the-dark effect on the skeletons.  It took a bit of trial and error to get these photos.  You could really see the skeletons glow when the lights were off in my room.



I took a few liberties with the sketch but I still think I kept to the spirit of the sketch with the dog (named Raven after my grandson's neighbor dog) and the cat (named Ghost after another neighborhood pet--and, yes, those are their real names!!!) taking the place of the floral stems in the sketch.  The greeting was changed to a circle but placed over a horizontal rectangle in the form of grass in the cemetery.


Hope you have a great day!
--Sara Nell





   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...