Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Product Spotlight: Soft Pastels--#tgifc344

The TGIF Challenges Team challenged this week us to share projects using the Soft Pastels Assortment (#154585).  I decided to use them with a new stamp set coming in the January to June 2022 Mini Catalog and a piece of designer series paper which will be a FREE Sale-a-Bration choice in the January-February Sale-a-Bration.


The stamp set is Daffodil Daydream (#157786).  The stamp set can be bundled with a coordinating die set, Daffodil dies (#157794), but I chose not to purchase those. . . yet.  With my new Mini Catalog pre-order, I was able to add on a Free Sale-a-Bration designer series paper, Daffodil Afternoon (#158127). It coordinates with the bundle and I adore it!!!  The black and white paper layered behind the focal image is from that paper pack.

I stamped the daffodil image in Jet Black StazOn ink on Shimmery White card stock and colored it with the Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody and Daffodil Delight pastels.   I have experimented with using the pastels in different ways and coloring with a damp (#151298) water painter is my favorite way.  I use the Shimmery White card stock because it takes water better than Basic White.


To use this way, I scrape a bit of the pastel bar using the spatula end of my Take Your Pick Tool (#144107) onto a clear block. Then I squeeze a bit of water out of the water painter and mix the powder and water together to form a bit of a paste.  I will add more water as needed while I am coloring an image.  Once you use you these tools with the powder, be sure and clean them thoroughly as the powder does tend to stick to them and you don't want the powder to mess up your colors on your next project. 

I stamped around the Daffodil Delight card base in VersaMark in using the random dot image from the Daffodil Daydream stamp set.  The greeting is from the Biggest Wish stamp set (155052).  I stamped it in Versamark onto Basic Black card stock and heat embossed it with White Stampin' Emboss Powder (Basics Assortment, #155554).    I added a piece of Black & White 1/4" gingham ribbon (#156485) under the greeting and a trio of black Classic Matte Dots (coming in the new mini catalog in January) to finish the card.

For more cards and tips for using the Soft Pastels Assortment, check out the TGIF Challenges blog here.


I hope you are getting excited about the new Mini Catalog--but don't forget our Last Chance Sale going on now to pick up your "have to have" items from the July to December 2021 Mini.  The favorites sell out fast, so shop early--they will all be gone on January 4.  
--Sara Nell

    



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...