Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Hope Is My Anchor--#tgifc312

Our technique challenge this week over at TGIF Challenges is to create a vintage style card.  When I think "vintage" I think of my old family photos from two and three and even four generations back with sepia tones and sometimes just hints of color added in.  I started out with those photos in mind, but I strayed a bit--I used neutral colors with Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, and Mossy Meadow, then added a semi neutral with Misty Moonlight. 


I started the card by using a blending brush (#153611) to add Crumb Cake and then Misty Moonlight on Basic White card stock.  I used a sponge daubers to sponge the edges of each piece and layer of the card with Crumb Cake, Soft Suede or Misty Moonlight.


The stamps and dies are from the Sailing Home stamp set (#149457) and Smooth Sailing dies (#149576).  The images, the sentiments and especially the fonts used have a vintage feel to me.

Check out some more vintage style cards over at the TGIF Challenges Blog here.


Have a great week--Sara Nell




 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Love how you interpreted the challenge. Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...