Sunday, June 7, 2020

Creation Station June Hop--A Man, My Heart


Welcome to this month's Creation Station Blog Hop.  Our theme this month is "A Man After My Own Heart".  Yes, that means masculine projects.  Whether you've hopped over from Martin's blog or you are starting here, I'm so glad you are visiting.  Be sure and click on the "Next" button below to hop on over to Julie's blog and each "Next" button along your way.  You don't want to miss a thing on this fun hop today!


Let me start off by saying that I absolutely love texture.  When I saw the new In Good Taste Suite, I fell in love--love the stamp set, love the dies, love the embellishments, but most of all I love the In Good Taste designer series paper.  It has a wonderful kind of 3D photo realistic feel.  When I saw it in person, the first thing I wanted to do was stamp mountains on the stacked stone design.  So, that's what I did:


I used 4 separate pieces of the stacked stone paper so that all my layers would be stamped on it.  I started with a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" layer on which I created a sunset with an almost dry Water Painter and So Saffron and Rococo Rose inks. This is followed by a vellum mountain die cut from Majestic Mountain dies. The next layer is the solid side of the mountain range stamp from Mountain Air stamp set.  I inked it in Gray Granite, stamped off twice and then stamped the stacked stone paper.  I had to fussy cut this piece out.  Next is the mountain range stamped in Gray Granite on the paper and die cut. Finally the tree image was stamped in third generation Old Olive ink and then in Old Olive ink. The tree die cut just the tree line, so I was able to cut down this this layer to fit to the edge of the bottom layer.  The greeting is from the Tasteful Touches stamp set and was stamped in Early Espresso ink.  Linen thread, a layer of Mossy Meadow and a card base of Whisper White thick card stock complete the card.


The gesso smeared Night of Navy canvas paper evoked an angry sea for me, so I pulled out the Sailing Home stamp set and coordinating Smooth Sailing dies to create this second card.  Before adhering the paper to the Night of Navy layer, I embossed it with the Old World Paper 3D embossing folder to amp up the texture factor (I am going to be using this embossing folder a lot!). I added a label die cut using the Tasteful Labels die set and another Night of Navy pattern in the paper pack.  I stamped the compass in Soft Suede and added die cut compass needles in Gold Foil and Soft Suede.  The anchor was stamped in Soft Suede on Gold Foil and embossed with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder.  Sea plants were die cut out of Soft Suede, Night of Navy and Gold Foil.  Linen Thread and Gold Metallic Pearls complete the card.

Now head over to Julie's blog to see her wonderful projects:


Here's a partial supply list:
In Good Taste Suite Collection, #154147, includes: Tasteful Touches stamp set & die bundle, #154098 (includes: Tasteful Touches stamp set, #152562; Tasteful Labels dies, #152896); In Good Taste designer series paper, #152494), plus an embossing folder, and embellishments not used on this project.
Mountain Air Bundle, #153820, includes: Mountain Air stamp set, #151610; Majestic Mountain dies. #151608
Sailing Home stamp set, #149457
Smooth Sailing dies, #149576
Old World Paper 3D embossing folder, #153200

Hope you have a great week!
--Sara Nell



  


1 comment:

Lovely & Sweet Smile--#tgifc463

TGIF Challenges ha a great sketch challenge this week and as soon as I saw it, this card came into my head.  This usually never happens, I g...