Monday, December 30, 2019

Merci!--#tgifc244

If you had told me last year about this time that I would be using a lot of Petal Pink and fall in love with a stamp set with an Eiffel Tower image now, I would have said, "Not.  A. Chance."  I would have been wrong.  When I first saw the Parisian Blossoms Suite in the new Mini Catalog, I was inexplicably drawn to it.  I loved the cherry blossoms, I loved the Eiffel Tower, I loved the designer series paper (which has a lot of Petal Pink in it) and I loved the pretty Petal Pink metallic edged ribbon.  I must being going through a Paris and Petal Pink stage. I don't know.  Maybe it was all those pretty pink pillows with Eiffel Towers on them and the Parisian themed accessories that I saw while I was shopping in several neat little boutique shops in Charleston this Fall.   The Eiffel Tower and Paris themes are on trend right now, that I know.  But why am I drawn to it, that I do not know.  I didn't think I was even the Paris or pink type.   I'm just going to go with this feeling, though, and stamp a lot of Eiffel Towers and cherry blossoms this Spring.

The TGIF Challenges product spotlight this week is fancy foil.  When I saw it, I immediately pulled out my new Parisian Beauty stamp set (#153778, available 1/3/20) and the coordinating Parisian Dies (#151463, available 1/3/20),  I knew an Eiffel Tower die cut out of Champagne Foil (#144748) would be stunning. After playing around with some ideas for a thank you card (my thank you stash is depleted), I ended up not even stamping on my card.  The Parisian Dies were all I needed to create a monochromatic Petal Pink thank you card with Champagne Foil and Champagne Rhinestones (#151193, available 1/3/20).


The card base is Petal Pink card stock layered with Champagne foil and a Petal Pink pattern from the Parisian Blossoms designer series paper (#151192, available 1/3/20). I die cut 5  "merci"s out of Petal Pink card stock and arranged them diagonally down the paper.  Then I adhered my Eiffel Tower over them and add the Champagne rhinestones to complete the card.  

I love using our foil papers on projects!  They seem to give a card a special little something.  You'll see what I mean by checking out the projects over at the TGIF Challenges Blog here.


Thanks for stopping by today!--Sara Nell




1 comment:

  1. Ohhh love the way you repeated the sentiment in the background! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...