Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Thankful for You--#tgifc238

Time for another TGIF Challenge. It is a theme this week: So Grateful. Right now, I am especially grateful for all of my stamping friends and that I was able to see so many I've met along the way at OnStage Local in Atlanta last Saturday.  My color inspiration today came from OnStage.  I think more than one presenter created a green and blue card.  I keep forgetting how much I love greens and blues together, so their cards were a great reminder!

Here's a tribute to all of my stampin' friends and to greens and blues together:




All of the images are from the Painted Harvest stamp set (#144783).  I stamped the first layer of the sunflower in Granny Apple green, stamped off once.  The second layer of petals was stamped in Blueberry Bushel.  The center was stamped in Soft Suede.  The leaves were stamped in Granny Apple Green on Granny Apple Green card stock and punched out with the Leaf Punch (#144667).  The Granny Apple Green background layer was embossed with the Layered Leaves 3D embossing folder (#152321), then layered on Blueberry Bushel card stock. The greeting was stamped in Blueberry Bushel on Whisper White and die cut with a Layering Oval die.  Linen Thread (#104199) and Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots (#148805) complete the card front.  

This card has a little secret--it's an easel card!



For the easel stopper, I fussy cut three acorns stamped in Soft Suede and Blueberry Bushel and popped them up on Whisper White card stock stamped with a leaf image in first, second and third generation Granny Apple Green. 

Be inspired by the "Grateful" projects created for this week's challenge over at the TGIF Challenges blog.
  

Hope I've inspired you today!  Let me know if you love greens and blues on cards, too.
--Sara Nell

   

1 comment:

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...