Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Christmas Cardinal--#tgifc239

Whew!  I finished up a bunch of stamping projects today, just in time to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday and quality time with my grandson, Easton.  The only thing still on my agenda before we head to Charleston is to roll out my pie dough, get it in the pie pans and in to the freezer.  I will fill the pies and get them in the oven Thanksgiving morning.  Rolling out the dough for all my one-crust pies and freezing them for transport makes my life a whole lot easier.

My project for today is for this week's TGIF Challenges technique challenge:  dry embossed vellum. I love the look of dry embossed vellum!  

Today I used a piece of Old Olive vellum from the Perennial Essence vellum card stock pack (#149101) and the Seasonal Wreath 3D embossing folder (#151796) to create my card: 





I started with a Whisper White thick card stock base covered with a piece of the wood grain pattern from the Pressed Petals specialty designer series paper pack (#149500). Over the embossed wreath, I layered on pieces from the Toile Christmas bundle (#152367; including the Toile Christmas stamp set and Christmas Cardinal dies).  I stamped the cardinal in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored it with the Real Red combo and Mango Melody combo Stampin' Blends.  I stamped the greeting in VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109129).  I layered on die cut leaves in Mossy Meadow and die cut swirls in Gold Foil (#132622).   Gold Metallic Pearls (#146282) compete the card.

Check out the projects over at the TGIF Challenges Blog for more inspiration for dry embossing vellum.  You will love the look!



Wishing you a happy and safe Thanksgiving filled with family, friends and great food (football optional)!--Sara Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...