Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Wishing You Well--#tgifc231

There's a bit different inspiration challenge for us this week at TGIF Challenges.  We are to be inspired by page 12 of the Annual Catalog. This is the samples page of the Woven Threads Suite.  It is full of the new In Colors, textures and embellishments.  I remember the first time I looked at this page.  I was immediately drawn to the note cards with the embossing paste used on designer series paper.   I knew I had to use that technique for this challenge. 

For my project I substituted elements from the Come To Gather Suite in the Holiday Catalog for the Woven Threads Suite:




I picked out this Cajun Craze pumpkin design from the Come To Gather designer series paper.  I used the stylized leaf mask from the new Basic Pattern Decorative Masks pack and Embossing Paste tinted with Mint Macaron ink to create the textured backdrop for my focal point.  The pumpkin, leaf and greeting needed something to anchor them in the design, so I decided to use a frame as on the Pretty Peacock "forever" card on the inspiration page.  I die cut and embossed the rectangle frame out of the same pattern of designer series paper using the Heirloom Frames die and 3D embossing folder set. 

The leaf was die cut out of Mint Macaron card stock.  I inked up the leaf die with Pretty Peacock ink before die cutting it, resulting in the dark leaf with light veining.  The pumpkin was stamped in Cajun Craze on Whisper White card stock and then colored with the Cajun Craze Combo and Soft Suede Dark Stampin' Blends. The stamps and dies are from the Gather Together stamp set and coordinating Gathering Leaves dies.

I layered my paper on a piece of Pretty Peacock card stock and then on a Pretty Peacock card base. Lots of texture on this card!!!


There are so many ways to be inspired by this page!  Check out the TGIF Challenges Blog here to see the different ways the designers and challengers were inspired.


Thanks for stopping by today!

  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...