Friday, May 31, 2019

Glancing Back But Moving Forward!

This has been a harried month for me!  Starting up this new blog, setting up my stamping space to make room for new products--new colors, new stamps, new papers. Still more than a little bit to go on all of it, but it is getting there.  There's nothing like Spring cleaning in a stamping/crafting place.  You always get waylaid with fun discoveries.

Speaking of being waylaid, I've been going through my box of completed stamping projects.  I've been more thoughtful this past year about making projects to give and send to folks, so my box is smaller than usual but still filled with some great cards that I have yet to use.  I found this little gem in my box:



This note card was designed for a Simply Stamping class to teach heat embossing.   It uses two of my favorites from the Last Chance retiring list:  Post Script background stamp (Item #143989) and the Pressed Flowers hostess only stamp set (#146789).  The greeting is from the returning Botanical Bliss stamp set (#151284), stamped on a die cut label from the returning Stitched Labels dies (#146828). The background and greeting were stamped in Soft Suede.  The flowers were stamped in VersaMark and embossed with Lovely Lipstick embossing powder.  A simple, pretty card.

There is a whole new suite of products called Pressed Petals in the upcoming catalog.  Can't wait to stamp with it.  There is never a reason to mourn the retiring products for very long, but it has been fun to look back at the projects I've made with these great sets. 

My old blog on my Demonstrator Business Web Site has also had me glancing back as I've read my old posts.  It's been fun to read my old posts, see my inspiration to continue and to change through the years.  So fun to read my stories--especially my Master & Commander connection to the retired The Open Sea stamp set.  I still look at those cards and think of Captain Aubrey's dear old ship, Surprise.   

I had a choice to save these old posts, but decided not to do so.  I will save some of my favorite projects on Pinterest and Instagram.   I loved glancing back at these old posts, but decided just to move forward with this new blog.  A new and exciting stamping year is coming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...