Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Birthday Leaves--#tgifc436

My inspiration for my entry in this week's TGIF Challenges color challenge was, believe it or not, a message I got this weekend from a complete stranger.  She asked, "Are you the Sara Nell who made the winning card for TGIF Challenge #132?".  I said to myself "well, maybe".  Then she went on to describe the card and asked if I was the right Sara Nell, how did I do the background?  Then I knew immediately which card she was talking about because I have gotten this same question several times in the past.  I am sure the people who ask are amazed at what a simple technique it is.  Anyway, that got me thinking that it has been a long time since I have done a leaf card.  I pulled out my Season of Chic stamp set (#158810) and the coordinating Chic Dies (#158815), and created this card with this week's color challenge of Crumb Cake, Blackberry Bliss and Pool Party:




The background was created with the Exposed Brick 3D embossing folder (#161600).  Crumb Cake ink was sponged on the inside top (the side with the logo) of the embossing folder before I put the Pool Party card stock in and ran it through the Cut & Emboss Machine. This is the technique I was asked about--so easy but it gives the background a bit more depth.

On my original card I used the baby wipe technique to give my leaves a mottled look.  The background leaf image in the Season of Chic stamp set already has the mottled look, so I stamped it in first and second generation Crumb Cake ink on Crumb Cake card stock.  The second step leaf image was stamped in first and second generation Blackberry Bliss ink. the open work leaf was die cut in Pool Party.  The birthday greeting was stamped in Blackberry Bliss ink on Crumb Cake card stock and die cut using a Stylish Shapes die (#159183). 




A double bow of Linen Thread (#104199) and a smattering of Rustic Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dots (#159082) complete the card front.  The front is layered over Blackberry Bliss card stock and a Crumb Cake card base.


Have a great week!
--Sara Nell


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...