Thursday, January 13, 2022

Love Note--#tgifc350

Welcome to my blog today!  I wasn't sure I was going to get this post up for the TGIF Challenges color challenge and I hope I can just get it posted in time!  The colors today are so pretty together, I decided to make a little love note for a wedding or shower gift card.  The colors:  Night of Navy, Blushing Bride and Gold.


My idea was to take a Blushing Bride wildflower die cut stem (from Meadows dies #155852) and kind of "shabby chic" cover it with a bit of Gilded Leafing (#154560).  I was afraid to put too much of the leafing on because it can be overpowering to me. I like how this one turned out, although the leafing didn't stick as well to the center of the stem--but less is more, right!

I used the Quiet Meadow stamp set (#155082, bundled with the Meadows dies, #155847) for my stamped images.  This is where it got hard.  I originally wanted just a dotted background in Night of Navy and a few little Blushing Bride flowers--but that was too busy for the one flower stem to stand out.  So I pivoted to a Tasteful Labels die (#152886), embossed with the Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder (#152725).  I stamped some Blushing Bride dots behind the label and a added a "Love" tag stamped in Night of Navy and die cut with the small tag in the Meadows die.  Instead of tying on a bow, I used a Brushed Brass Butterfly (#158136) to cover the tag hole and added a couple more around the stem (they look golden to me!!!).  

Finally, I tied on a bow of Gold Simply Elegant Trim (#155766).  TIP:  Knots and bows tied in this trim can loosen easily.  I just slip a glue dot under the bow knot to hold the bow together and to keep it in place on the card.

The card base is a Basic White note card (#159232).

All of the entries in this week's challenge are absolutely beautiful!  Go check them out at the TGIF Challenges blog here:


DID YOU LOVE MY CARD TODAY?  If so, I would love it if you would head over to the TGIF challenges blog using the link above and "Like" my card, #23--my name is under the photo.  Whoever gets the most likes, will be a Guest Designer for an upcoming TGIF challenge.  

Have a wonderful weekend!
--Sara Nell

       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...