Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Alcohol Blending Technique==#tgifc339

The TGIF Challenges challenge this week is  a technique called Alcohol Blending.  I haven't tried this popular technique yet--so dove right in.  To create with this technique you need Vellum card stock (#101856) Stampin' Blends, which are alcohol based markers; and 90%+ rubbing alcohol (don't ask me what the percentage means--but it is higher than the normal 78% you usually buy off the shelf--but if you look at the labels, it is easy to find at the big box stores).  

As is so often the case for me this time of year, the inspiration for my card today were the trees and leaves in my yard.  Specifically, it was our beautiful Red Maple that is, sadly, dying.  The leaves are turning brown and not the lovely Fall red before dropping off.  I got closer to inspect a few and they were still green, one had a bit of red and a little ladybug crawling across it.   With that leaf as inspiration, I pulled out my dark Shaded Spruce, dark Just Jade and dark Poppy Parade Stampin' Blends to use with the Alcohol Blending Technique:


  

The alcohol blended piece forms the background on the card.  I scribbled Shaded Spruce and Just Jade Stampin' Blends on the Vellum card stock piece, then dropped the alcohol on the scribbles until they started to expand on the vellum.  I  blew the alcohol around using my Heat Tool set on low as it dried the piece.  Then I scribbled over the dried piece with the Poppy Parade Stampin' Blends in just a few places and again added the alcohol and blew and dried it with my Heat Tool (#129053).  I cut the Vellum down to 4" x 5-1/4" and layered on the same sized piece of  Basic White card stock (#159276).  It looked like Christmas paper when I was finished, but I still went with leaves!

The maple leaf image from Gorgeous Leaves stamp set (#153365, also bundled with the Intricate Leaves dies at 10% off, #158609) was stamped in Just Jade on Basic White five times, then the leaves were die cut using the coordinating die from the Intricate Leaves dies (#153566).  Two branches were die cut using the same die set out of Soft Suede card stock.  The greeting is from the Pretty Pumpkins stamp set (#1564712).  It was stamped in Soft Suede and die cut using a die from the Tasteful Labels die set (#152886).  A doubled length of Linen Thread (#104199) tied in a bow completes the card.

This alcohol blending technique makes some stunning cards.  See them over at the TGIF Challenges Blog here:


Have a great week!
--Sara Nell 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...