Wednesday, June 9, 2021

To a Wonderful Man--#tgifc319

It's color challenge week over at TGIF Challenges with the color combo of Basic Gray, Night of Navy and White.  The colors are a great combo for a masculine card, so I made a Father's Day card using the retiring Soar Confidently stamp set (#154531): 



On my focal piece, I created a cloud-filled sky as my background.  I used a cloud outline shaped mask (I cut my own out of Basic White card stock), a Blending Brush (#153611), and Night of Navy ink. After lightly filling the brush with ink from the ink pad, I brushed most of it off on scrap paper before blending the color over my mask and onto the Basic White card stock.  I used the mask three times, placing it randomly over the card stock.

The balloon was stamped using the Stamparatus, first in Basic Gray and then in VersaMark.  I colored the stripes on the balloon using the Night of Navy soft pastel stick (Soft Pastels Assortment,#154585) and a small dry brush.  TIP:  To use the pastel stick with a dry brush, just shave a bit off the end of the stick onto a clear block with the mini spatula on the Take Your Pick Tool (#144107).   The pastel powder will stick to the VersaMark ink when you brush it on.

The focal piece was layered over a piece of Night of Navy card stock embossed with the Bark 3D embossing folder (#155431) and then layered on the Basic White thick card base.

The greeting was stamped in Versamark on Night of Navy card stock then embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder (Basics pack, #155554).  It was die cut using a Stitched Rectangle die (#151820) and run through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine (#149653) a second time to shorten the length of the die cut.

Be inspired by wonderful projects created with this color combination over at the TGIF Challenges Blog here.


Have a wonderful day!
--Sara Nell




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...