Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Meadow Flower Bouquet Thanks--#tgifc322

It's another Designer Take Over Challenge this week at TGIF Challenges.  The designer this time around is the very talented Andrea Tracy-Tucker, who you can find on her blog, One Stampin' Mother Tucker.  Her theme challenge is (of course!) Farmhouse Chic.  

Let me be honest here. The only thing I know about Farmhouse Chic is shiplap--and that only because I watched a lot of Fixer Upper episodes.   Andrea and other TGIF Challenges designers used shiplap backgrounds and gingham. So, I followed suit:



My shiplap background was created using strips of a wood grain pattern in the In Good Taste designer series paper pack (#152494).  I gave my shiplap a whitewash finish by dragging my Whisper White Craft ink pad (#147277) across the paper before I cut it into strips.  I layered the strips over an Early Espresso card base leaving a small piece of the card base showing between the strips.

I chose to place a bouquet of wildflowers on my shiplap.  The flower image from the Quiet Meadow stamp set (#155082) was stamped in Soft Suede on Basic White card stock, colored with So Saffron and Old Olive Stampin' Blends combos and fussy cut using Paper Snips and an Exacto knife. The leaf stalks were die cut out of Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz card stock using the coordinating Meadows dies (#155852, bundles with the stamp set at 10% off, #155847).  A bow of Bumblebee 1/4" gingham ribbon (#153658) ties the bouquet together.  

The greeting is from the Biggest Wish stamp set (#155052).  It was stamped in Mossy Meadow ink on Basic White card stock and fussy cut.

Be sure and check out the designer and challenger entries in this week's TGIF Challenge found here.


Have a happy Independence Day weekend!
--Sara Nell

 



 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out! I just love your version of Farmhouse Chic! So glad you played along with TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Sara. Love the shiplap. Thanks for playing along with TGIF Challenges this week

    ReplyDelete

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...