Wednesday, May 12, 2021

A Dandelion Thank You--#tgifc315

It's color challenge week at TGIF Challenges! We have BRIGHT colors to use this week:  Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight and Magenta Madness.   I started my card for this challenge with one of my favorite background techniques.  I inked up a Clear Block "D" (#118485) with all three color ink pads, spritzed it with water and pressed it into a piece of watercolor paper (#149612):


I love that you never know how these clear block prints will come out!  This one came out with lots of Mango Melody and Magenta Madness and just a bit of Daffodil Delight with some little splatters of Mango Melody on the side. 

To complete the card, I stamped the dandelion bunch image from Garden Wishes stamp set (#154408) in Jet Black StazOn ink (#101406).  I used a masked out greeting image from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set (#154411).  I stamped the "Thank you" in VersaMark ink (#102283) onto watercolor paper and heat embossed it with Black Stampin' emboss powder (Basics set, #155554).  I placed a strip of Mango Melody card stock under the greeting piece and cut it at the same angle as the greeting piece.

I layered my watercolor piece over a piece of Basic Black card stock.  I colored a piece of white baker's twine (Baker's Twine Essentials Pack, #155475) using my Mango Melody Dark Stampin' Blends (now retired--oh no!) and tied it around the layers and under the greeting piece.    Three Matte Black Dots (#154284) and a card base of Mango Melody complete the card.


Check out the wonderful projects using this color combo over at TGIF Challenges here.

Have a wonderful week!
--Sara Nell




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...