Thursday, February 18, 2021

A Birthday Book for Easton--#tgifc303

My grandson Easton's 2nd birthday is coming up next week and he loves dinosaursIt was his mama who started him in dinosaur outfits and now he goes to his dinosaur books and roars as he turns the pages and "reads". (And Grandma may have gotten him a stuffed dinosaur that he started hugging at Ikea a couple of weeks ago.)  Obviously, I had to make him a dinosaur card for his birthday!

I used this week's TGIF Challenges' sketch for my card front:


This card front has a secret message on a flip feature:


To create the flip feature, I started with a 4-1/8" X 1/2" strip of Whisper White card stock (which is discontinued--we now have Basic White card stock but I am using up my old stash).  I punched one end of the strip with the Banners Pick-a-Punch (#153608) and scored the other end at 3/4".  I masked off the bottom half of the greeting image and stamped the top half on the front of the strip in Soft Suede and then masked off the top half and stamped the bottom half on the back of the strip.  I folded the scored tab and adhered it to the back of the Mango Melody piece using Seal+ adhesive (#149699). 

Easton now calls all the cards I send him "books".  So, this time I made him a three page "book" instead of a regular card.  I cut two 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card bases, one in Mango Melody and the other in Pool Party, then adhered them together with Seal+.  Here are pages 2 and 3:



I used the Dino Days stamp set (#149406) and coordinating Dino dies to create most of the images (#149636).  The letters for "Easton" were die cut using the Playful Alphabet dies (#152706).  "Happy Birthday" was die cut using dies from the Well-Written dies (#151816).  I die cut one of each word out of Mango Melody and two of each out of Soft Suede, then adhered them together with Multipurpose Liquid glue.  The greeting on the second page was die cut using the Tasteful Labels dies (#152886). 

The Mango Melody layer on the card front was embossed with the Painted Texture 3D embossing folder (#154317).  Linen Thread (#104199) and Pearl Basic Jewels (#144219) colored with an Old Olive Dark Stampin' Blends (#154892) complete the card front.  Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels (#150457) in Pumpkin Pie finish off pages 2 and 3 of the card book.

The TGIF Challenges sketch leaves lots of room for creativity.  Check all of the project entries over at the TGIF Challenges Blog here.


Have a great weekend!
--Sara Nell



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...