Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Inspired Valentine--#tgifc300

This is the 300th TGIF Challenges challenge!!!  Did you know I've done all 300?  Yep, I have.  One did not get posted in time because I figured the time difference wrong between Georgia and the West Coast and instead of being over an hour early, I was ten minutes late. However,  I did put a link to it in the comments just to let the team know I completed that challenge.  That was over 250 challenges ago and now I just make sure I link my project at least a day ahead!!!

This week's challenge is an inspiration challenge--one of my favorites.  Our inspiration is the new January to June 2021 Mini Catalog.  I went through the catalog and landed on page 59 with the Enjoy the Moment stamp set and a wonderful card with two embossing folder embossed layers, a bit of distressing and images arranged in a diagonal across the card.   I took those elements and created a Valentine:


I started with a Sahara Sand card based then layered over a piece of Blushing Bride Forever & Always Foil Sheets (#156200).  It was embossed with the Tasteful Texture 3D embossing folder (#152700) as was used on the first layer of the inspiration card. The next layer is the same as the inspiration card (whisper white card stock embossed with the Scripty 3D embossing folder (#149634) except that I colored the piece with Blushing Bride ink using a Blending Brush (#153611).  

I die cut the hearts using the Stitched Be Mine dies (#151814), Blushing Bride foil sheets, Blushing Bride card stock and a piece of True Love designer series paper (#154281).  The paper was colored with Blushing Bride ink and a Blending Brush.  Three Heart charms (#154282) and a few Matte Black Dots (#154284) were  arranged among the die cut hearts. 

The greeting is from Meant to Be stamp set (#148626).  It was stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and die cut using a Painted Poppies die (#151605).  The greeting piece was layered over a piece of Blushing Bride Metallic ribbon (#154283) which was wrapped around the layer and tied in a bow.

My hope is that you will take a look at the samples in the new mini and pick a few elements you like to inspire and create a totally different card.  Maybe you'll just be inspired by the colors used in a sample or by the use of embossing folders like I was.  See how others were inspired by the catalog samples over at the TGIF Challenges Blog here, then start creating!


Have a great weekend!
--Sara Nell 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...