Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Winter Joy--#tgifc296

This week's TGIF Challenges theme challenge is "Let It Snow".  Well, believe it or not, I only have two small snowflake images in my entire current Stampin' Up! stamp set collection.  One from Snowman Season (#150458) and one from Curvy Christmas (#155364, which is available only until January 4).  I decided to go with the small single snowflake image from Curvy Christmas and to celebrate the joy of a rare snowfall in the South for my card today:


The snowflake was stamped randomly over the Whisper White card front with VersaMark (#102283), then heat embossed in White Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109132) using the Heat Tool (#129053).  Next,  I used Stampin' Up!'s new Blending Brushes (#153611, available beginning January 5) to sponge on Seaside Spray, Misty Moonlight and Night of Navy inks.  I started blending each color from the bottom of the card stock, beginning with the lightest color.  Then I turned the card around so the lightest color was on the bottom of the card front.  After finishing the sponging, I rubbed off any color remaining on the snowflakes using a lint free rag.  This piece was layered on a piece of Balmy Blue glimmer paper (#153513) and then a Seaside Spray card stock base.

The greeting is from the Wrapped in Christmas stamp set (#153481).  I used my Stamparatus (#146276) and washi tape to omit the middle portion of the greeting and thus remove the reference to the holiday season (I want to use this card for a January birthday).  The greeting was stamped in Misty Moonlight on to Whisper White card stock and die cut using a die from Tasteful Labels dies (#152886).

A piece of Misty Moonlight/silver baker's twine (Flowers for Every Season ribbon combo pack, #153620) tied around the layers three times then tied in a bow completes the card.

Head over to the TGIF Challenges Blog here to see more odes to snow in paper crafting form:




We thought we might get snow here on Christmas day, but we only got below freezing temperatures.  Right now it is a balmy 65 degrees and I am headed out to do errands in my shirt sleeves.  Doesn't feel like January at all.

Wishing you a very happy New Year!
--Sara Nell



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...