Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Good Things--#tgifc294

 Okay, I admit it.  I am obsessed with the Feels Like Frost designer series paper (#150444) that is retiring soon.  I should say, I am re-obsessed.  Last year I went on a December spree making tags and bookmarks with this glorious photorealistic paper.  This year I am obsessed with the foliage designs and coordinating the icy foliage in the papers with die cut foliage. Of course, the die cut foliage has to appear icy, too. So I am covering my die cuts with Shimmery Crystal Effects (#150892) to make them sparkle.  I made the decision to not add the shimmery stuff to the last card I posted here for a TGIF Challenge--that won't happen again!  It's just not the same without the shimmer.  Fortunately, this little bottle of shimmer goes a long way--I think I'll have enough to finish off another bunch of shimmery projects (including new bookmarks for me) before Christmas.

The TGIF Challenge this week is composed of three horizontal layers.  I used the designer series paper for my bottom layer (covering the entire card base), the die cut foliage for my middle layer and a greeting piece using the Tasteful Touches stamp set (#152562) as my top layer:


This paper pattern is my favorite of the purples and greens paper in my paper pack.  The die cut layer starts with leaves die cut out of Soft Sea Foam using the large leaf die  from the Forever Flourishing dies (#152714).  Layered over the leaves is the ball shaped foliage in Purple Posy and Highland Heather that looks like the foliage in the paper.  These pieces were die cut with a die from the Poinsettia dies (#153522), then coated with the Shimmery Crystal Effects.  

Tip:  Use a Silicone Craft Sheet (#127853) when you are coating your die cut pieces with the crystal effects.  Once the pieces are covered, carefully move them to another place on the craft sheet to dry overnight.  This will eliminate a lot of excess glue on your pieces and make them easier to remove from the sheet.  The delicate stems will tear easily if you do not take the time to move the pieces before you leave them to dry. I have three or four of these silicone sheets (a must have for me) and use one for coating and one for drying.


The Stamparatus (#146276) was used to stamp the greeting twice in Gorgeous Grape ink onto Soft Sea Foam card stock.  The greeting was heat embossed with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130) and a Heat Tool (#129053).  The greeting piece is one inch wide and was punched on each end using the Banners Pick a Punch (#153608).

A spattering of Clear Epoxy Droplets (#147801) complete the card.

This sketch is wide open for interpretation, so head over to the TGIF Challenges blog here to see how everyone created their layers.


Have a wonderful weekend!
--Sara Nell



1 comment:

Lovely & Sweet Smile--#tgifc463

TGIF Challenges ha a great sketch challenge this week and as soon as I saw it, this card came into my head.  This usually never happens, I g...