Wednesday, September 23, 2020

My Mind Took A Wicked Turn--#tgifc282

This week's TGIF Challenge is an inspiration challenge:  a beautiful floral wreath.  I love making wreaths! As I thought about what kind of wreath I was going to make for this challenge, my mind took a wicked turn:



You might ask what does this card have to do with a beautiful floral wreath.  Well, this is an inspiration challenge, so I can be inspired by any part of the inspiration picture.  I was inspired by a wreath, I made a wreath--a wicked spider wreath!

I used the two leaf punches in the Autumn Punch Pack (#153609), to punch leaves out of Cajun Craze, Granny Apple Green and Basic Black card stock.  I crumpled them up a bit and adhered them around a simple wreath I created with two Layering Circle dies (#151770) and Blackberry Bliss card stock. Next I added three spiders stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on Real Raspberry card stock.  I used an image from Hallows Night Magic (#153356) and the coordinating Halloween Magic dies (#153565/bundled with stamp set, #155188) to create the spiders. 


 

The greeting banner was created with another image from the Hallows Night Magic stamp set.  It was stamped in Blackberry Bliss onto Whisper White card stock.  The card stock was cut to 3/8" wide and the ends were punched out with the Banners Pick a Punch (#153608).  A bow created with a Basic Black Dark Stampin' Blends marker and a piece of 1/4" Whisper White crinkled seam binding completed the wreath.

The wreath was placed on a spidery background paper from the Magic in this Night designer series paper pack (#153517).  The paper was embossed with the Cobwebs 3D embossing folder (#153578) before adhering it to a Basic Black card stock layer.  A Whisper White Thick card stock base completes the card.  

For more wreath inspiration, head over to the TGIF Challenges Blog here.


Have a great week!
--Sara Nell



  


1 comment:

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...