Wednesday, June 17, 2020

So Grateful--#tgifc268

It's sketch challenge week at TGIF Challenges.  This week the sketch includes a trimmed down front panel.  I made the obvious choice and pulled out my Ornate Garden Suite of products (the complete collection, #154153).  Why is this choice obvious?  The suite includes the Ornate Borders die set (#152724)--the perfect way to finish a trimmed down front panel!  It was also an obvious choice for me because I have yet to work with these beautiful border dies.

After playing around with paper and color choices, I ended up using the least ornate border and the coordinating ornate layer from the Ornate Layers die set (#152726):


The front panel was cut down 1".  A piece of Whisper White card stock was added to the inside.  I adhered a 1-1/8" wide strip of paper with the same pattern from the Ornate Garden specialty designer series paper pack (#152488) that I used on the front panel to the right-hand side of the Whisper White inside liner.  I die cut the three Mint Macaron floral strips using another die from the Ornate Borders die set.  I glued these over the paper for the front panel and then trimmed the edges.



The greeting is from the Ornate Thanks stamp set (#149471).  It was stamped in VersaMark and embossed with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder.  The Terracotta Tile ornate layer was put through my die cutting machine three times to cut it down to the size I needed for my greeting.  It was easy to do--just be sure and match up all the holes!  I added some Gilded Gems (#152478) to complete the card.

Visit the TGIF Challenges blog for more inspiration using this sketch:


Have a great week!
--Sara Nell



  

1 comment:

  1. Super pretty card Sara! Love the way your layered the intricate dies over the flap of the card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...