Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Free as a Bird Mother's Day Card--#tgifc260

It's time for a TGIF Challenges technique challenge this week.  The technique is belly bands.  I usually do belly bands on boxes, but today I made a gatefold card with a belly band.  I had fun with it because I rarely do gatefold cards--so two construction techniques for me today!


The card base is Pool Party cut 5-1/2" X 8-1/2" and scored at 2-1/8" from each short end. I used three patterns from the Bird Ballad designer series paper pack (#149592).  Two pieces of the feather pattern were cut to 5-3/8" X 2" and layered on the two sides of the gatefold on the card base.  The belly band is the bird cage pattern cut at 1-1/2" X 10-1/2". It was wrapped around the card and taped together in the front with Tear & Tape adhesive.  The birds on the focal point circle were fussy cut from another pattern of Bird Ballad paper.  The birds were layered on a stitched circle (Stitched Shapes dies, #145372) die cut out of Pool Party and a scalloped circle (Layering Circles dies, #141705) die cut out of Calypso Coral.  

The greeting is from Strong & Beautiful stamp set (#148732).  Three strands of Whisper White baker's twine (#124262) tied in a bow with the ends curled and three Basic Pearls (#144219) complete the card.

There are some inspiring belly bands over at the TGIF Challenges blog.  Check them out here.


Hope you have a great weekend!  I'll be stampin'!
--Sara Nell

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sara, I LOVE this card!!! Love what you did with the Baker's Twine too, super cool looking. You've got one lucky Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely & Sweet Smile--#tgifc463

TGIF Challenges ha a great sketch challenge this week and as soon as I saw it, this card came into my head.  This usually never happens, I g...