Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Free as a Bird--#tgifc253

The TGIF Challenges product spotlight this week is Embossing Paste.  I love embossing paste, but haven't used it in awhile.  I'm happy this challenge got me to pull it out again!
I love the texture that embossing paste gives to a project:



For my project today, I pulled out the polka dot pattern from the Basic Patterns mask set (a carry-over from the Holiday Catalog, #150697) to create my background. I die cut a piece of Shimmery White card stock with the second largest die in the Stitched Nested Labels dies (#149638).  I did a light wash of color with Pool Party ink over the piece and placed the mask over it. I tinted my white Embossing Paste (#141979) with Pool Party ink and then spread it over the mask and onto the Shimmery White label using palette knives (#142808).  I layered this piece over a Pool Party label die cut with the largest die in the die set.

I stamped the bird image from Free as a Bird stamp set (#149468) with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored it with Petal Pink Combo, Smoky Slate Combo, Soft Suede Light, Old Olive Combo and Pool Party Combo Stampin' Blends. I fussy cut this image and the greeting (also from Free as a Bird and stamped in Memento ink) and adhered them to the embossed piece with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Both images were stamped on Shimmery White card stock.

A coordinating piece of Bird Ballad designer series paper (#149592) was adhered to a Whisper White thick card base. A double strand of Whisper White 1/4" crinkled seam binding (#151326)  was wrapped around the card base and tied in a bow on the front.

Be inspired by all the wonderful uses for Embossing Paste over at the TGIF Challenges blog here.


Have a happy week!
--Sara Nell  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...