Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Painted Poppies Shaker--#tgifc248

For this week's TGIF Challenges inspiration challenge, we are to create a project inspired by the cover of the Spring Mini Catalog or the Sale-a-Bration brochure.  Well, I was inspired by both.  The Spring Mini cover highlights my absolute favorite suite in the catalog, Peaceful Poppies.  And, I was taken by the rectangular shaker tag on the cover of the Sale-a-Bration brochure.  So, I created a shaker card with a rectangular window using the Painted Poppies stamp set (#151599).  



I don't believe I have ever been as taken with a sequin set as I have the Peaceful Poppies one.  I love the colors (black, clear, gold and dark and light Poppy Parade) and I love the tiny little flower shapes included with the regular round sequins.  I picked out the little flower shapes to use in my shaker window with the stamped field of poppies.  I stamped these and the larger poppy image in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored them with the Poppy Parade combo and Old Olive combo Stampin' Blends.  The greeting from the Peaceful Moments stamp set (151595) was also stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I fussy cut both the greeting and the large poppy image.

To create the shaker, I die cut a rectangle out of the Poppy Parade piece using the  Stitched Rectangles dies (#148551).  I stamped this piece with images from the Painted Poppies stamp set using Poppy Parade ink.  Then I adhered a Basic Black frame die cut with two of the Stitched Rectangle dies (the same one I used for the window and the next size up).   I covered the inside of the window with a piece of Window Sheet, framed my stamped poppy field image with Foam Adhesive Strips, added the sequins inside the frame and then topped it with the Poppy Parade window piece.  


There are so many ways to be inspired by these two catalog covers.  Be sure and check out more projects created for this challenge over at the TGIF Challenges blog here.  Be inspired!!!



Thanks for stopping by!--Sara Nell  




1 comment:

  1. Great idea to use those lovely sequins to make a shaker card. It turned out GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...